For any digital producers out there: herewith a list of sources that can help you keep up with the mad pace of change. Culled from a LinkedIn discussion and other sources.
Blurbs are from their “about” paragraphs. Links valid as of 7/25/2012.
- http://5by5.tv/ “5by5 is an Internet broadcasting network, home to shows like The Talk Show, Back to Work, The Big Web Show, The Pipeline, and more, with hosts including Dan Benjamin, John Gruber, Merlin Mann, and Jeffrey Zeldman.”
- http://5by5.tv/webahead ” weekly podcast about changing technologies and the future of the web, discussing HTML5, mobile, responsive design, iOS, Android, and more.”
- http://allthingsd.com/ “AllThingsD.com is a Web site devoted to news, analysis and opinion on technology, the Internet and media. But it is different from other sites in this space. It is a fusion of different media styles, different topics, different formats and different sources. (owned by Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal.)
- http://arstechnica.com/ “A trusted source for technology news, tech policy analysis, breakdowns of the latest scientific advancements, gadget reviews, software, hardware, and nearly everything else found in between layers of silicon.”
- http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/ NYTimes: “The Business of Technology”
- http://daringfireball.net/“Daring Fireball is written and produced by John Gruber.”
- http://digitaldoughnut.com/ “Connected Intelligence: Digital Doughnut has been created by digital marketers for digital marketers.”
- http://mashable.com/ “Mashable is the largest independent news source dedicated to covering digital culture, social media and technology.”
- http://nerdrepublic.co.uk “A weekly newsletter from a group of like-minded uber-nerds who share a passion for digital – condensing everything worthy of your eyeballs from across the interwebs into one, neat, weekly email. Expect lashings of gaming, tech wizardy, obscure virals and the occasional fanboy music video.”
- http://teamtreehouse.com/ “Our goal is to teach Web Design, Web Development and iOS, to everyone in the World who wants to learn. ”
- http://www.alistapart.com/ “A List Apart Magazine (ISSN: 1534-0295) explores the design, development, and meaning of web content, with a special focus on web standards and best practices.”
- http://www.codecademy.com “… a better, more interactive way to learn programming by actually coding.”
- http://www.cynopsis.com/editions/digital/ “The goal of Cynopsis: Digital is to help readers stay up-to-date with the rapidly ever-changing Digital Platform. Television is reinventing itself to satisfy Consumer demand of their favorite content to be available on a variety of platforms, in a variety of formats. “
- http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/ “Featuring the latest digital ad campaigns, hot new websites, interactive marketing ideas, virals, industry news, social media, insights, and other great digital trends from all over the world.”
- http://www.fastcodesign.com/ “Our focus is on highlighting the world’s best examples of design and innovation, working in concert. We started this site with a few simple premises in mind. First, design is a window onto the world at large, and the culture we live in.”
- http://www.gizmodo.com.au/ “Gizmodo loves technology. A lot. We’re obsessed with the gadgets, science and geek culture that change the way we live, work, love, eat, play, think and feel.”
- http://www.lynda.com/“lynda.com helps anyone learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve personal and professional goals.”
- http://www.mediapost.com/publications/MediaPost Communications is an integrated publishing and content company whose mission is to provide a complete array of resources for media, marketing and advertising professionals.
- http://www.netmagazine.com/ “.net is the world’s best-selling magazine for web designers and developers”
- http://www.smartbrief.com/news/iab/(Interactive Advertising Bureau) “The premise behind SmartBrief is simple: there’s too much information out there and too little time in the day to read it all. Our editors hand-pick the most relevant and important news from all over, summarize it, link to the original sources and deliver it.” (Service covers multiple industries, including other tech topics.)